Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Every Woman Needs A Jenny In Their Life

Jenny, Jenny, Jenny. If it weren't for her I would probably still be riding alone. I got into the world of the road bike only knowing two other people who road: My Dad (apparently he does it all) and My Boss, Matt. Notice a theme here? Not that I didn't enjoy riding with them but I wanted to ride with someone I can gossip with and with someone who knows what it's like to have a female form (ie. boobs, thighs, and a voluptuous booty) that gets in the way. Anyone experience saddle bag chub rub yet? I get a pair of fancy new shorts maybe 2 months ago and they are wearing out on the inner right thigh because that damn chub is rubbing against my saddle bag! Grrr.... I promise you all, I WILL find a solution to this... but in the meantime. JENNY.

                                                                           Jubilant
                                                                           Expressive
                                                                           Nifty
                                                                           Noble
                                                                           Youthful

Jenny knows a lot about bikes. Way more than me, maybe even more than most guys (like they'd ever admit to that). She's taught me a few things about the bike and is always patient (or at least pretends to be and I thank her for that too). I'm slow, she waits, I'm tired, she gives me advice to get me through the climb.

We were on a weekend morning ladies ride over the summer and about 5 minutes after I finished blabbing about how I'd NEVER had a flat tire on my road bike, BOOM. Flat. Jenny to the rescue! If I was alone, let's face it, I probably would have played the Damsel In Distress card. That didn't happen on this day. Jenny jumped into action! We fought with the tire, I learned how to use CO2, we laughed hard, cursed little, and even made time for an impromptu photo shoot. We're kind of awesome like that.

Flat Master. We make it look good, despite my lack of photography skills.

Anyways, everyone needs a Jenny. She's motivated me to learn more, keep riding, challenge myself, kick ass and never quit! Who doesn't need that? When I ride with her, and the other ladies of the H&S Ladies group, I find myself pushing harder to do better, be fast, ride smarter. Without this motivation, what am I doing? Probably just spinning along, whistling away without a care. But let's be honest (speaking for myself here - I won't push if I don't have to because ME = LAZY), I won't get better any time soon riding the way I do when I am alone. I need healthy, female, competitive edge!

(FUN FACT-O, Jenny is super rad and amazing at other things too. Check out her website: graphikdeziner.com).







No comments:

Post a Comment