Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Tour De Christmas Lights, A Quick Thought


One of the lovely ladies of the Tuesday Night ride had a great idea of doing a Christmas Lights Bike Tour. BRILLIANT! I L-O-V-E Christmas!! Normally this time of year I get in the car, drive aimlessly around town, looking for the best spots to see the lights.  What a great way to get up off the couch and do something I was going to do anyways?!?! So off we went from the bike shop, zig zagging our way through the residential streets of Burbank. We stopped to enjoy, appreciate and snap a few pictures of the sights that we encountered along the way. Now if it weren't for my encounter with a dose of lactic acid (stay tuned for tomorrow's post), perhaps we would have stopped for hot cocoa at the end of the ride. Damn you lactic acid. Damn you.


A common theme was the giant Santa and hot air balloons. What do hot air balloons have to do with Christmas? I tried to figure this one out and have come up with nothing. If there's something that you know that I don't about it, let me know. I have to make sense of this madness! Am I missing something?

One of our first stops. I love this time of year!

Shane, getting in the spirit.

If you missed our ride, or are too far away to join us, you know what I' thinking, right? Do your own Tour De Christmas Lights and share your pictures with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment