Monday, December 24, 2012

All I Want For Christmas is Some Sweet Bike Gear


...not my two front teeth. I have those.  Well... one is a porcelain veneer because I knocked it out in the 3rd grade running up a metal slide, but still. I want some sweet bike gear! To be honest, I picked a lot of these things based on looks. I am visual. I want to look good and DAMN IT! I deserve it! And so do you. I hope to get my hands on these items and let you know my true thoughts as we all know that some things aren't always as they appear. But for now, check out my list of what I have my eyes on.

    Electra Ticino 7D in Glacier Blue. I know, this is a bike, not bike gear but it would be nice to have something for a casual ride to the grocery store, right? I fell in LOVE with this bike when I was at H&S Bicycles 2 weeks ago. What a beautiful bike! I have a thing for blue anything. The color is so soothing! Electra makes 3 different models of the Ticino (20D, 8D and 7D) and to be honest, I chose the 7D because I feel in love with the color and the hammered fenders. The 20D, of course, appears to be the much better bike, offering 20-speed over 7 or 8 and additional accessories, such as the Ticino alloy rear carrier. However, none of that stuff is super important for me. I can add on the accessories that I want when I want. I think this would be a cute bike to tote around town on while chasing my 5-year old on her bike. I would love to get on one of these bikes and see if there is much of a difference between the 7 and 8 and note the drastic difference of the 20, if any.



    Pearl Izumi's Women's Elite Barrier WxB Jacket. Baby, it's cold outside! I need a versatile jacket like this one to keep me warm when I'm on (and off the bike). It's light enough to wear on a cool fall day and durable enough to block the wind on a winter ride. It's waterproof and has a breathable 2-layer knit face fabric with Titanium for thermal regulation. FANCY! It's got a retractable drop tail which comes in handy for those wet rides (planned or unexpected) and has reflective elements for low-light visability. You don't need to wear white to be seen anymore. I dig the red and black... H&S Bicycles colors. Thanks Pearl!






    Cat5Gear Cyclist Case. A virgo's dream come true. I'm always on the go with my bike. Sometimes I take my gear to work and ride on my lunch break, or I drive to meet up with friends. I even flew for the first time with my bike this past September. When I'm on the go I ususally just throw everything into a too-small gym bag that I can't get to zip up. I came across this case where you can neatly store all your cycling gear: shoes, helmet, garmin to Gu's. It's all there. Leave it to my native homeland (O-Canada!) to get it right. I approve (and I would LOVE to get my hands on one - hint, hint).






    Sidi Moon cycling shoes. To be honest, the only interaction I have had with Sidi thus far is my amazing Sidi shoe covers that are covering my BOOORING white Shimano cycling shoes. If you want a way to look expensive and elite, Sidi shoe covers, no one will know what's underneath them! Shhh! But seriously, I've heard nothing about amazing things about these shoes, so of course I am curious to get a pair. Based on looks (I'm a female, of course I want something that looks HOT). I'd get the Moon. Metallic silver. What's not to love? I saw this in person yesterday, My Super Fave Bike Nerd Hero Jenny ('memba her?) picked herself up a pair. LOVE cannot describe the look of these shoes. I hope to bless my toesies in a pair, but in the meantime I will have to fake it with my Sidi shoe covers over my Shimano shoes. In the meantime... tell me Jenny, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment