Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lycra is For Lovers

Who knew lycra could be so amazingly comfortable, sexy and fun? When I first started riding, the one part of cycling that was holding me back was the lycra. I have never found it to be flattering, even on the fittest female form. Maybe I was wrong. It can't all be that bad, right? It's a men's sport and that is clear in many of the kit designs I have seen out there.

In my mind, this is how I would look in lycra.

Well, I admit that maybe I was wrong about it all along. It's not that bad, and if you are willing to make the splurge, it can be amazing. Especially when you have someone like Jenny, the Graphik Deziner (check her out peoples of the cycling world) designing the kit. She just finished H&S Bicycles 2013 men's and ladies Giordana kits and they are AMAZING. H&S opted for the pricer Giordana brand this year and so far, nothing but rave reviews. They're comfy and the SEX APPEAL?!?! Apparently there are some guys in their H&S kits now breaking PR's on Strava.... Hey... we can dream but I would have to say there is a correlation between feeling sexy and riding faster. I know a lot of ladies in the group have purchased the new kit. It's time to try this theory out!

When I first was getting used to the idea of lycra, I started out simple with the Pearl Izumi Sugar shorts, as I know I have mentioned many times. They are a great short, however, originally designed for spinning. What I love about them is the short cut, so when I ride in the summer I don't get that funky cyclist tan. Eventually I upgraded to Pearl Izumi's Elite Cycling Bib. I felt like an idiot. These shorts are comfortable and designed with a female form in mind. Can it get any better than this?  Apparently so!

Giordana... If you could talk, I am sure it would be in a soft, romantic tone that would cause me to melt. The name itself sounds so regal. GIORDANA. It gives me chills...

So, here's the new 2013 H&S Bicycles ladies kit. I have to brag, lycra has done wonders for my backend!

2013 H&S Giordana Ladies Kit
2013 H&S Bicycles Ladies Kit

I'm picky and, thank his lucky stars, I love the boyfriend's new kit. Colors are simple and well placed. The design isn't over the top, and the new logo has a hit of softness that, as a lady, I can appreciate.

If you have a favorite big, kit, jersey or short, tell me about it and show me some pics! In the meantime, here are some to make you laugh, courtesy of Tubulocity.com.

Word can't explain... I thought a true cyclist doesn't show?

Not a fan of the diaper-esk design.


He borrowed it from Heidi Klum. I still think she pulled it off better HERE.


So which one has to ride backwards? 

Introducing the Flaming Mangina!

Why? Why, why, why?!?!?!


Grr baby. Not sure what is more impressive. The tiger or the stash.






No comments:

Post a Comment